Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Syrup



Even though it was one of the warmest days we've had in a while, I couldn't resist making some of this pumpkin spice syrup for my coffee. It was also a good excuse for using up some of the massive can of pumpkin puree making a home in my fridge.

The recipe can be found at Katrina's Kitchen

The recipe all calls for pumpkin pie spice, which like me, you might not have on hand. Good news though, you can make your own with this recipe. 

I changed the spice proportions to my liking, and because the syrup only calls for 1/2 a teaspoon.

Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Now I won't have to buy any spices when I make a pumpkin pie (soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment