Monday, September 29, 2014

Moonrise Kingdom Digital Painting

"Why do you always use binoculars? It helps me see things closer. Even if they're not very far away. I pretend it's my magic power."


You may have noticed my absence this last week, well...this is why. For one of my illustration classes projects we illustrated a scene from a book or movie. Obviously I chose Moonrise Kingdom (although I toyed with Royal Tenenbaums) because of my love affair with Wes Anderson and those color palettes. I altered the scene from the meadow, attempting to give it an "American Gothic" vibe. 

This was my first time digital painting, but I'm pretty pleased with the result. It originally started out as a hand drawn sketch, with the digital painting done on top all in Photoshop. I also tried to incorporate a more pop surrealist style, attempting to channel come Mark Ryden in my own style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment