Sunday, November 9, 2014

Halloween Re-Cap: Felicity Fox

" We're all different...but there's something fantastic about that, isn't there?"


For Halloween this year I decided to go as the ever lovable and sassy Felicity Fox, from the Wes Anderson film, "Fantastic Mr. Fox" (based on the book by Roald Dahl). I did end up going to a few parties, so I'm glad I took the time to dress up this year. 

Everything except for the shirt was handmade by me (the shirt was thrifted). It was a bit of extra work, but I really like how it turned out, and now I'll have a last minute costume on hand. 

The ears are made from felt, paint, and faux fur sewed to a headband. My favorite part was doing my makeup though. You don't get to put orange eyeshadow all over your face everyday! 


The skirt was some mustard/gold jersey hand stamped with apples, and then sewn up into a basic elastic skirt. I also wore my tan wedge booties and copper colored tights.


For some added detail, I made her fox brooch out of fimo clay and paint. I like to think that the fox is her mother or grandmother. 


"If what I think is happening, is happening- it better not be."






No comments:

Post a Comment